Getting here: Flight info
Cabarete is on the North Coast of the Dominican Republic. The major international airports in the Dominican Republic are:
- Puerto Plata Airport (POP) is 20 km and a $35 taxi away from Cabarete.
- Santiago Airport (STI) is 80km through the mountains and a $100 taxi.
- Santo Domingo (SDQ) is 200km through the mountains and $200-$250 for a taxi. (or $10 bus)
- Punta Cana (PUJ) is 450km and a local flight is approximately $250, taxi for $300-$400. (or $20 bus)
Some guidelines looking for flights
From Canada: Selloffvacations has charter flights. Also, Air Transat, Skyservice, Sunwing, and Air Canada are worth a try. Westjet also has seasonal service. You can get one way tickets back to Canada at the airport or by calling Air Transat at 809-970-2121. Flight center also has some good deals on flights. Quebec city is serviced by Canjet, Skyservice and Air Transat. Air Transat flies direct from Vancouver once a week in season, and Calgary
From other Carribean islands: LIAT is a good option. Copa flies to Jamaica, Panama, and other Central American countries and Caribbean islands. From St. Martin try DAE or Insel Air which both connect on to many of the Leeward islands
From the UK: Charter flights and Thomas Cook. Last minute from $300.
From South America: Aeropostal via Venezuela has great connection and prices.
From Punta Cana: Takeoff flies for $150 daily. Book in advance because they sell out!
From France: Corsair and other charters.
- Don’t forget your PASSPORT
- Confirm your flight
- Wear sunscreen
- Bring $10 USD for your Tourist Card
Puerto Plata Airport: +1.809.586.0175
Santiago Airport: +1.809.233.8000
Santo Domingo Airport: +1.809.542.0160
Punta Cana Aiport: +1.809.668.4749